It is coming to the time of the year to farewell our current Year 12 cohort. The final year of education is a busy and stressful time for students; managing their studies whilst beginning to make important decisions about their future.
The Hampton Park Secondary College community wishes all students the very best as they continue on their pathway through life.
The current Year 12 cohort can be proud of the way that they have conducted themselves throughout 2017. Hampton Park Secondary College has a history of students respectfully celebrating the end to their schooling in a manner that leaves a strong and positive image of them as individuals and as a group. It is through this respect for the rights of the entire school community that individuals behave responsibly to continue learning, not disrupt the learning of other students and to show their appreciation for the school community for the time that has been invested into them.
A number of key events have been organized during the final weeks to respectfully celebrate the end of thirteen years of schooling and these are detailed below:
Monday 16th October – Thursday 19th October: Senior VCAL interviews
All Year 12 VCAL students have their interviews scheduled during this time. Please check appointment times carefully. The final date for the completion of all Outcomes is Monday 23rd October.
Thursday 19th October (VCAL) and Friday 20th October 2017 (VCE): Locker clean out
All lockers need to be cleaned of student belongings and locks must be removed by the end of Period 4. These areas are required for VCAA examinations. Please use the extra bins supplied throughout the week to remove rubbish and ensure that lockers are completely empty. If you would like to donate spare books, pens or materials or uniform that you no longer require please hand into the Senior School Office.
Friday 20th October 2017
This is the final day of scheduled classes for all Year 12 VCE students.
Monday 23rd October 2017
Period 1: Year 12 Assembly (Celebrating Safely)
Period 2: Final whole school Assembly
Parents and caregivers are invited to attend this event and are asked to sign in at the Front Office. After the assembly has finished Year 12 students will be dismissed from the College grounds.
Tuesday 24th October 2017: Secret Mystery Event
All students should have received a permission form for this event. You will find this on Compass. Please ensure that you have handed in your permission form and money by the end of this week.
- Buses will depart from Campbell Drive (outside the gym) at 8.30am
- Buses will return to the College at 5pm
- Lunch is provided and students are asked to wear casual sporting clothes and to bring bathers, towels, sunscreen.
Thursday 26th October 2017: Valedictory Dinner
For students and their families that are attending, this will be held at the International of Brighton starting at 7.00pm – 11.00pm. Invitations will be distributed on Monday 23rd October.
- All Year 12 VET students must attend their VET program until their final session. Please confirm the final date with your trainer.
- Students will treat their own uniforms with respect, by NOT signing them. Students are to be in full school uniform while they are at school, including all exams. Students who have writing on their uniforms will be sent home. Students wanting to assist others in the school community are invited to donate any second-hand uniforms to the College.
Information for students finalising work and / or sitting examinations
Students are expected to be in full school uniform if they are attending study sessions, seeing teachers, attending interviews or sitting their final examinations at the College. Students will need to sign in at the office on these occasions. For successful completion of their Year 12 studies students must complete their Year 12 VCAA Exams or VCAL interviews.
- Please check your timetables carefully using the Exam Navigator booklet that was distributed or check the VCAA website at vcaa.vic.edu.au.
- Year 12 students need to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to each of their VCAA Examination. Please ensure that you have all required equipment as set out in the VCE Exam Navigator, including a dictionary for English / EAL and bound reference books for Mathematic subjects.
- Please ensure that you have your ID card
- Students are reminded they are NOT permitted to have a mobile phone or any other electronic device other than the specified calculator with you during the exam. In the event of an emergency students can be contacted through the general office on 8795 9400.
Return of College Lap Tops
We understand that VCE students will require the laptop till the end of the exam period, so we are requesting that all laptops be returned by Tuesday 21st November 2017.
VCAL students can return these earlier when their classes formally finish in the week of October 16th.
The Hampton Park College Community wishes all students success with their final preparations, examinations and future endeavours.
Ms Karen Shiel Ms Fiona Vanstan
Assistant Principal Year 12 Manager